Wall Intersection problem

qball

On my pool I have these two cuts where my walls intersect and I don't want them. The walls have Butt joints but seem to snap into position and create the cut-out. The lower wall on the left of the image is a Group. I've tried editing the wall profile to no avail.

wall notch.jpg

Have a Plan View open for editing, and keep the 3D view open as well to see what's going on.

In the Plan View, you'll have to select the wall that's giving you trouble and use the Blue Dot to drag the wall end for readjusting the wall join. Some tips: Select the wall and right-click while the Blue Dot is highlighted. In the contextual menu, you'll see "Drag End, Allow/Disallow Join". Do this in Plan View. This will give you much more control over joining the walls. Also, without a wall selected, hover over the unconnected end of a wall and hit the Tab key. Notice only the end highlights, which is another type of shape handle. These quick tips will help tremendously in wall joins.

Okay.... now you just have to use this "Drag End" tool to massage the wall ends to your liking. What's happening (on the left side of the image), is all three walls are meeting in the middle. You only want two walls to "join" in the middle, and the third needs to join on the face of the wall(s). You'll just have to play around with it until it becomes logical to you. Here is a quick video of me tampering with split level wall joins similar to what you're experiencing: Notice when a Wall End join is set to Allow/Disallow, it can have good and bad effects on height, join ends, etc...

http://screencast.com/t/SJdDb43CsO

Now as for the gap you've circled on the right side of the image, simply use the Join tool on the Modify Tab to join the geometry to close the gap.