Command to move objects in one demention at a time

bam8

I am pretty rusty with my AutoCAD skills, but when I was decent, I used to know a command that would allow you to move an object the distance in one direction by using the move command and selecting a second point on another object. So if I used the move command, selected the object I wanted to move and base point, used another command (the one I can't think of), then clicked on a second point on another object the object I wanted to move would only move in the X direction, let's say, instead of the XY and Z

I'm having a hard time explaining this I can try again if this doesn't make any sense to anyone.

Resolved

Well I Still have not figure out the command I was thinking of but using point filters does the job. So if anyone else has this problem

here would be the blow by blow

move

select object

specify base point

.x (type either .x .y or .z depending which direction you need to move)

select second point on another object

click one more time

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

You may want to try using the 3DMOVE command, as it will facilitate movement pinned to an axis.

In order to better visualize and more easily define selections, I like using an isometric perspective when doing this.

You can also do this with

Move, enter, pick, enter, (do not pick a displacement point), 0,0,10, enter, enter.

This will move what ever you picked in the Z coordinate 10 units.

For X you would use 10,0,0.

For Y you would use 0,10,0.