what is the alternative to dcl in .net

gvgbabu

hi everbody

i am new to autocad .net customisation. i want to know that how can we use user interface for user inputs and what is the alternative for DCL in autolisp.

for example i have a program(dll) in vb.net. it creates one array how can take one value from the user. i want to use combobox and then populate it from the array. then take the input from the user and againg do some code. is it possible? if yes how can i do it. please guide me.

thank in advance

gvg

Winforms are still a useful and easy way to design a UI for your routine. There are numerous tutorials online demonstrating their use.

If you prefer a modeless - always present - Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) can be used within AutoCAD palettes. This link contains some resources:

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2009/08/hosting-wpf-content-inside-an-autocad-palette.html

1+

I'm a big fan of WPF these days; I use it for both AutoCAD plug-ins, and Browser Applications. I still have a great deal to learn, but even with only little, one can do much... If that makes sense.

Cheers

I haven’t done much integration of WPF with my AutoCAD development. Though, I have been making some time with XAML in a Windows Store App I’ve been messing around with. From what I can tell, the two (WPF and XAML) are the same. Maybe an item or two missing from one or the other.

I have to admit that Expression Blend (now included with Visual Studio Express 2013) is pretty handy. I still get in there to make sure the XAML makes sense, but Blend allows for more immediate visual feedback.

hi

i created a program with a class and an usercontrol as palette. i put a button and a combobox and populated the combobox with an array from the class. upto this step i suceeded. Now i struck at this place. i want to select one value in the combobox on palette using button click. then that value from the button click should pass to a variable in the class. how to do it. please guide me.

thanks in advance

gvg