plot ctb

issammesk

can i applod ctb from server not copy in my pc

i mean i want to put ctb in server and every person can applod ctb from server and when modifed in server outamticly modfied in our pc

becuse we take ctb from server in our pc and make modified and forget put in server so when another person applod ctb from server its old

Yes, but you must add the location of the ctb file on the server to your plot file support path in Options >> Files tab. Otherwise, AutoCad will have no idea where it is. I might add that this may initially slow down the program until it gets the file loaded off the server.

please another qusetion if i want to insert ctb from server for first time i mean i have drawing and i want to select ctb from server already iam redfin in suport path but when first time how can insert

Not sure that your question is clear; if the CTB is already set in a drawing and you moved it on server, then it will be retrieved from there when you print the said drawing. If you want to have it set in all new drawings, then will have to do this into your template.

The original file location must remain in the search path. It should stay first in order, to facilitate load speed. AutoCad needs to look there first.

If a copy of the ctb file is still there in the original file, then that copy of the ctb will be retrieved by the program first, and it will be ignored in the server folder.

Do not change the order of the files in the search path. Do not remove the original support path from the search path. There are other files in there that the program needs.

Do eliminate the original copy of the ctb from the original file folder and MOVE it to the server folder, but save a copy somewhere that it can be retrieved from if need be.

please another qusetion if i want to insert ctb from server for first time i mean i have drawing and i want to select ctb from server already iam redfin in suport path but when first time how can insert

You understand that you will have to add the server folder path to every copy of AutoCad that is running on the network, correct?

If the new server location has been added properly, each drawing that already has that ctb selected will find it automatically.

To use the ctb from its new location for the first time, If it is not already showing, simply select it from the dropdown list of CTB files (Plot styles) on your page (layout) setup, or your plot dialog. If you select it from the plot dialog, you must click the Apply to Layout button to save the selection.