What should a REVIT drafter have at his/her desk?

lkenshalo

What sort of items are you all finding useful to have close by while you draft in REVIT? Shortcut commands hanging up? Scale rulers?

I'm just curious to see what tools are in your box.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

First off you don't "draft" in Revit, you model.

And I'm not real sure I understand your question. What physical items would you need at your desk that can help with Revit? The only thing I can think of is Formulas for Everyday Use printout, Fuzzy Math printout and 33 ways to find things printout. Other than that I can't think of a single physical thing at my desk that I can use with Revit.

I'm new to an engineering firm here in Anchorage,Alaska and will be heading their 'up and coming' Revit department. I don't have any support at work and was hoping to get some here. Please forgive my ignorance in terminology and work flow. I'm new - I'll get better!

Thanks for the printouts I have hard copies in hand.

As far as tools go, I don't have anything more than usual desktop fare. I do however like to have a drafting table at my side for holding prints that I am referring to.

Thanks Rob - I'll look into getting a drafting table close by.

I'm doing primarily electrical so I foresee a lot of long nights ahead - I'll let you guys know when I have more questions.

I know it seems pretty cool but everyone around here is bitter about their first Revit project. I'd much prefer to work in Revit rather than AC but old habits die hard I suppose.

Our mechanical department has embraced Revit with open arms - I hope I can change some attitudes in my particular department. Thanks again man!

Cleaned? How about over-moderated? Granted the discussion was heated but to delete the entire discussion is going a bit far. Splitting it off to another thread would have been much more appropriate.