New Mouse recommendations for CAD use

bobsy852

Okay, so my Microsoft Explorer 1362 mouse dongle died this morning (gets VERY hot when plugged into a USB port now).

I'm gutted as it's been an excellent mouse for CAD over the past 4 years or so.

Now I'm left with the task of finding a decent replacement, so seek your help.

I ideally need a mouse with customisable buttons (2 minimum) that I can assign commands to in AutoCAD. I like having delete and undo on the mouse. But wouldn't complain at more.

I was looking at the Logitech MX Performance mouse but the reviews seem to suggest the wheel click is terrible for use in AutoCAD to pan the screen?? Does anyone else use this mouse and have any issues?

My last mouse had quite a slow reacting wheel click button but I got used to it. I read nothing but bad words about the MX wheel click though.

Can anyone recommend me any other mice to look at?

(Budget of around £50).

Thanks!

I just bought a few Logitech G500s mice and they're awesome. Well, the first two anyway. I got one for work and liked it so much that I bought one for my desktop at home. I got a new laptop and figured I'd get another one for that. The third one had a latency problem that Logitech has determined to be a defect and it replacing it.

You can customize all of the buttons, but there are three thumb buttons that I love using. The mouse feels good and the two that I have that are working are flawless.

A gaming grade mouse is what I decided to use since a normal mouse couldn't handle the amount of button clicks that I needed to do. I was going through two mice a year until I got an MX 518 (another awesome mouse).

That too looks like a nice mouse! Shame about the wire...I could work around that though I guess. Hmm more choices now!

The MX Performance gets poor reviews with the wheel click button. I really like the look of it though and think it would be ideal so I guess I'm torn as to whether to purchase it and try it or not...

Just replaced my Razer Naga (original release) with a Steel Series Sensei. I use a claw grip style, so I prefer a smaller/lighter mouse. This one has been perfect, and has just enough extra buttons to keep me happy.

I loved the Razer Naga, but the new versions of them are clunky and super expensive. I also never used half the buttons, since they weren't really reachable.

Look into mice that have 3rd party software that allows you to get the most out of it. I have 2 Naga's and a Deathadder before that. The Razer Synapse (and other software) allows macros and series of keystrokes to be recorded and mouse prfiles can swap between whichever software is active. I am not if other peripherals come with stuff like this (I am sure some do) but it is definitely worth looking into.