pasteclip

dirtlegg

leftmouse click and drag the rectangle over the drawing then right mouse click and select copy , then paste it in the other dwg. That should work in 2002.

Highlite what you want to copy.

Go to "edit" and choose "copy with basepoint". Choose a basepoint.

Switch to the other drawing. Go to "edit" and then choose "paste"

After copying your entities, just check the windows clipboard. If there is nothing, then there is some problem.

If clipboard has something then you are doing something wrong...

No can do my friend. :( 07 is not compatible with any previous release. There is a fix that allows you to copy from 07 to 06, but I don't know if you can go from 07 to 02. Did you read thru the link I posted? Someone there had a fix that worked for them.

Thanks for all the help...I have already inserted the dwg as a block and exploded it but some objects are missing. Not many...shouldn't take long to recreate them.

• 2 years later...

In my case the service wasn't running, so the object wasn't making it to the clipboard. Go to Start > Run > services.msc

Find the "clipbook" service and ensure it is started. Once I started the service copy/paste began working again. This cured the problem for me, hope it helps you.

Of course if your object is making it to the clipboard, this won't help.

maybe if you save the 07 as an older dwg then open both dwg's and minimize so they are next to each other in the acad window and click and drag from one drawing and drag strait over to the other holding down button until it appears in the dwg you want

First save your Autocad file, in this case, to an AutoCad 2000/LT2000

drawing.dwg. Then its just Cut & Paste, simple.

Autocad uses the Windows Clipboard for Copy & Paste tasks.

So you can select any object or group of objects and use the Control_C

& Control_V keys, or use the Copy and Paste tools found on the 'Standard' AutoCad tool bar. Cut and Paste is also an option.

What I usually do is select all the objects I want to copy and first convert

all to Layer 0. Then I paste into the other drawing and reassign Layers to suit. Then I go back to the drawing I copied from and use the 'Stepback' arrow tool to restore the orig Layers.

If the Layers are the same in both drawings (rare) you can skip this step but I find that many times they are not. If you do not convert to Layer 0, or any other Layer you like and want in the drawing being copied too, you will also 'Import' the Layers into the drawing.