a strange autocad alert

hht

autocad alert.png

I was trying to install autocad 2012 in my win8 laptop then I had this message and installation was failed. when I am using win7 everything was normal and I dont understand what this alert says. Can smb explain please.

At what point in the installation process did this message pop up? Were you by any chance trying to obtain an authorization code from AutoDesk?

At what point in the installation process did this message pop up? Were you by any chance trying to obtain an authorization code from AutoDesk?

I dont think it is about codes because everything was normal with windows 7. This problem occured after I rised up to win 9

At what point in the installation process did this message pop up?

Please answer the question. I hate to have to repeat myself. Thank you.

Win9? I wasn't aware that was out yet. How did you get an advanced copy?

At what point in the installation process did this message pop up?

Please answer the question. I hate to have to repeat myself. Thank you.

Win9? I wasn't aware that was out yet. How did you get an advanced copy?

I dont remember it very well but 1) I ticked I accept then I entered codes then installation started to advance then it appeared

but it seemed that installation was still advancing after ignoring this message then program showed that installation was failed.

I cant try it again because 2013 version is installed but after doing a recovery my pc I will try to install it again then I take screenshots and give you a better feedback. Meanwhile sorry for I wrote win 9 I was too busy so I typed wrong number it should have been win 8

Edited by hht

I dont think it is about codes because everything was normal with windows 7. This problem occured after I rised up to win 9

Mean while why did you think win9 I didnt say I am using win9, I am using win8

That would be why.

Windows 8 is not supported for AutoCAD 2012, and a quick googl search shows that there are some install-issues around for this.

That would be why.

Windows 8 is not supported for AutoCAD 2012, and a quick googl search shows that there are some install-issues around for this.

But there must be some ways to win this problem. Do you know any of them? From a technical perspectives, is the problem related with ,say, virtual memory of win8.

Ofcourse there are ways around it, there always is. I don't know any of them though.

A bit more googling shows that perhaps it's a DirectX problem. COuld also be a dot.Net-problem. Find what versions of DirectX and dot-net AutoCAD 2012 requires and see if you can install them.

It has nothing to do with virtual memory.

You can try looking at a program called Longbow Converter. Read about it here...http://www.longbowsoftware.com/