• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• Patrick Hughes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The option for a Classic AutoCAD workspace has been removed. Oh, that is going to send some users right over the proverbial cliff. Precious.

No mention of making the program more crash proof or speeding it up. I guess there wasn't enough customer demand?

Oh goodie, goodie gum drops. We get "badges". Yeah, that was big on my wish list...more badges. Can never have enough of those!

Question: For those of you who are on Subscription, do you think the new features/enhancements was worth the price?

Edited by ReMark

Oh looky. One of the first on the list of changes is the color of the interface.

Because, you know, who WASN'T asking for THAT. ~snark mode off~

I think if two of the first three items listed are (paraphrased)

once you get help on a command an arrow will display where to find the tool

and

the ribbon is darker

the better/faster items we want are few and far between.

I'm glad we won't be adopting this one in the near future.

Yesterday our structural engineer said he was no longer interested in maintaining his AutoCAD subscription. When asked why he replied that he didn't feel he was getting anything of value for the money except for bragging rights that he now had the latest version. He also had this to say. "Is 2015 going to help me do what I did yesterday using 2014 any better or faster? The answer is... no."

Badges? I think that's something one earns when a task is accomplished in scouting. You build a camp fire and earn a "Fire" badge.

Badges? I think that's something one earns when a task is accomplished in scouting. You build a camp fire and earn a "Fire" badge.
I got one of those in woodshop.:rofl:

Oh, incidently - I am jumping in my seat to installe Civil 2015, only because Pressure Pipes is getting some real goodies that we have waited for!

Darker interface, schmarker interface. What I have heard though is that it is easier to go from Dark to Light - which comes in handy for me that have black background while working but have to have white while demo/education. Haven't tried that feature yet though so can't say that it will work as I hope it will.

A badge or "campfire"? :)
Both Actually (he said, with a haughty British accent.):roll:

No, wait. I meant I was shown a badge. Maybe it was because of the fire.

We will probably about 2016 get dragged into a upgrade because our 3rd party software has all these new features we want and no longer runs on 2013.

Some of the stuff in CIV3d How far can you throw a pc across the room ? Editing the dtm god 20 years ago the other software we use worked properly and still does. Anyone that has tried add a dtm triangle will know what I mean, around 90% failure. Let alone some of the other bugs that were in 2011 2012 & 2013 never fixed.

Yeah, so far it looks like a lot of fluff.

Previews while in commands are cool.

Any improvements to MText editor are way over due.

Enhanced graphics are great. But if they make the short list, it doesn't say much for the total package.

Maybe AutoDESK is hoping users will get sick of AutoCAD and move to one of the suites or Inventor. It could be their way of pushing us in that direction?

They are doing 30% discount if you upgrade from Full AutoCAD to one of the suites until 25th April. Plus they are changing subscription rules after Feb 2015. I think if you want to upgrade you have to buy the programme as full price. I think the subs cost is somewhere in the region of of a 5th of the cost of the softeware.