My linetypes are corrupted?!?!?!?

Plantguru

Really not sure how it happened, however most all my linetypes, like "fence", "water line", are all nothing but dash lines now. I do have a "x" fence still available, however, I can tell I have lost some linetypes completely.

I already checked for updates, and I am good there.

Is there somewhere to go to reload these on the web???

How is your text looking? Is it possible your "Standard" text style has been redefined by something that isn't recognized in the linetype definition?

I am not sure what happened. And it was not a change in fonts, I still have all my original fonts.

I started it up a couple days ago and need to use my 'Fence' linetype, and it was missing the little circles, now it is all dashes. As well as some linetypes are complete lost all together such as my: '-----W-----', '----SS----, ----S----, ----OHE----, ------TEL----.

Only thing I can think of, is that last week I had to reload the DWG truview to look at a plan a client sent in made on a new version of CAD.

It's possible you are missing a shape file. The name of the file is LTYPESHP.SHX. This text below was copied directly from the acad.lin file.

;; These linetype definitions use LTYPESHP.SHX.

;;

*FENCELINE1,Fenceline circle ----0-----0----0-----0----0-----0--

A,.25,-.1,[CIRC1,ltypeshp.shx,x=-.1,s=.1],-.1,1

*FENCELINE2,Fenceline square ----[]-----[]----[]-----[]----[]---

A,.25,-.1,[bOX,ltypeshp.shx,x=-.1,s=.1],-.1,1

*TRACKS,Tracks -|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

A,.15,[TRACK1,ltypeshp.shx,s=.25],.15

*BATTING,Batting SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A,.0001,-.1,[bAT,ltypeshp.shx,x=-.1,s=.1],-.2,[bAT,ltypeshp.shx,r=180,x=.1,s=.1],-.1

*HOT_WATER_SUPPLY,Hot water supply ---- HW ---- HW ---- HW ----

A,.5,-.2,["HW",STANDARD,S=.1,R=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-.2

*GAS_LINE,Gas line ----GAS----GAS----GAS----GAS----GAS----GAS--

A,.5,-.2,["GAS",STANDARD,S=.1,R=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-.25

*ZIGZAG,Zig zag /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

A,.0001,-.2,[ZIG,ltypeshp.shx,x=-.2,s=.2],-.4,[ZIG,ltypeshp.shx,r=180,x=.2,s=.2],-.2

Edited by ReMark

I've attached a copy of the SHX file below. Use the Rename command to remove the .TXT after the SHX file extension. Put the file in with your other font files. That should solve the problem (I hope).

ltypeshp.shx.txt

Thank you,

That may be it, I am looking in the fonts of my Autodesk folder and it does not show that file, however, I am trying to use that file you posted and it keeps coming up as a web link no matter how I try to save or open it.?

Then you did something wrong because I just tested the file myself and it works fine. I substituted it for the one in my fonts folder.

Did you remove the characters shown in red? ltypeshp.shx.txt

I think that the linetypes with the letters in them - W, SS, S, OHE, TEL are non standard lines, and someone had put them in the standard linetype file. This probably got over-written by the default linetype file when you loaded DWG Trueview, or the pathing got changed.

I think that you have possibly got a bit of work to do to re-write those linetypes unless you can discover the previous :cry:

and when they are re-written, put them in a separate file which AutoCAD will not over-write.

Possibly the way my browser is working it will not allow me to copy that shx. file correctly.

When I attempt to paste or replace, it will not allow it and changing the name of another SHX. file has no effect.

So therefore, wether or not I copy it with the TXT or not, it will not work, and attempting to save it as a target yields it as a HTML file.

I apologize, however, I am at a loss with this.

Possibly if there is one out on the web in another location, I maybe able "download" it.

I get the message "Bad definition of FENCELINE2 at line 116 of file C:\Users\mbryant\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad lt 2012 - english\r17\enu\support\acadlt.lin", when I hit the load button, and then it gives me this same message for other lines such as FENCELINE1 and ZIGZAG.