3d Trees

sigaukedenn

i have been looking for realistic three dimensional trees that i can use in a 3d presentation if there is any one who can help it would be most appreciated. the models must be in Auotcad 2010 format if possible.

When you say the size of the models is highly alarming, what do you mean? Are you talking about the polygon count? 3D trees are typically quite large when it comes to face count. That's just the nature of 3D plant material. In order to get nice, realistic looking trees, you have to deal with high poly counts. That's why programs like 3ds Max are better suited for this type of work because you can use proxies in place of the trees. Proxies don't take up any space in the scene and therefore don't increase polygon count and don't weigh down your file.

And what do you mean when you say they are looking weird? Which trees are you downloading? Can you post some images?

On a side note, I am available for freelance work and I do this type of work all the time. If you would like to contract this work out, send me a PM or email and we can discuss.