Change precision of MEASURE tools?

Bill W

How can I increase the precision of the Measure tools in the Utilities tab (angle and distance)? Now I can measure only to the nearest degree, would like two decimal points, like 10.35 degrees. My work around now is to Dimension the item, where I know how to specify any precision I want.

Thanks much

Bill

Thanks ReMark, of course that was it. For some reason my UNITS setting has been .0000 for distance, 0 for angular. Go figure (hey that was a pun?).

Haven't heard from you for a while, hope all is well.

I don't do much ACad now that I'm retired. In fact, what I'm doing now is using ACad to layout precise angles for woodworking. I can brag that I'm doing woodworking to 0.0001 degree precision (Ha Ha). Now, if I could only see what I'm doing...

Bill

• Funny 1

....For some reason my UNITS setting has been .0000 for distance, 0 for angular.

That is the default setting, so you had not altered it yet :o

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out Bill.

So you're retired? Well good for you. I guess woodworking is now your full-time hobby?

All's well here; thanks for asking.

Yes; retired 10 years ago from designing and building paper mills across North America. Most of my recent "work" has been volunteering for Washington State Parks, converting hand drawn drawings to ACad. Their drawings had not been updated since '70's. I said: "gee, a lot has changed in 40 years..."

Yep, pretty much woodworking, still have a lot to learn there also.

Thanks Eldon -

So I guess I have to re-set UNITS for each new drawing, or use a template pre-set with my drafting preferences. No problem, just need to know the rules.

Bill