2015 AutoCAD LT 1st impressions

f700es

OK, I got notified that my LT 2015 was ready to download and install today so I took the plunge. So far I like the dark interface, to me it is a bit easier on the eyes as far as eye strain goes.

Speed. It seems a bit faster, more fluid than before. The 1st drawing I opened was a large 8+ mb site plan. Zooming and panning are pretty instantaneous in the redraws.

Let me kick the tires a bit more and see how she does.

LT-2015.jpg

I can add that 2015 does in fact.....remove the educational stamp (infection). I had a file with it I was testing and it cleaned it right out. No prompt when I opened it up in 2015. I saved it to a 2010 file and then opened it up in 2012 and not prompt there either or on a print.

From what I read in 2015 it removes it all together. 2014 SP1 ignored it iirc.

I agree, there is a reason. I just don't know for what.

OK, I got notified that my LT 2015 was ready to download and install today so I took the plunge. So far I like the dark interface, to me it is a bit easier on the eyes as far as eye strain goes.

Speed. It seems a bit faster, more fluid than before. The 1st drawing I opened was a large 8+ mb site plan. Zooming and panning are pretty instantaneous in the redraws.

Let me kick the tires a bit more and see how she does.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47742[/ATTACH]

Doesn't look as hard to read as the Photoshop black window. What's that transparent thingy at the bottom. floating command line?

I see the draw tab has huge icons for the 4 "biggies", does it come that way or is the button size tweakable on individual tabs?

I see the draw tab has huge icons for the 4 "biggies", does it come that way or is the button size tweakable on individual tabs?

It was like that in 2013/14 at least. They are customisable and can be made smaller easily enough though.

It was like that in 2013/14 at least. They are customisable and can be made smaller easily enough though.
Okeydokey. Actually, those 4 icons need to be big and easy to find for us toolbar/ribbon junkies.

just installed it on mine to upgrade from 2014 LT - migrated the workspace from 2014 which was previously migrated from 2007... I just don't like the MS office type of menus...at least it automatically moved the toolpallet files this time!