assembly/mates

grumpy

Hi all just now learned how to do a cotter pin, problem i am having is in matting it into the hole accuracy. I got it aligned using concentic , but couldn't get it drop down in the hole...I ended up manually dragging it down in the hole, but in doing the it would want to pull other parts with it, i had to mate lock them in place. plus the cotter pin is not centered in the hole either! is there a better way?

chain_cotter_pinned.jpg

yes I try to draw everything on the origin, the cotter pin is not a complete circle as its two legs almost together, so using concentic mate is only choosing one half of the cotter pin to align with the hole. the result is a cotter pin in the hole with some manual dragging, but not centered to the hole. I guess my biggest want is to have the pin center in the hole, as you can see from the pic...i do have the pin down in the hole.

thanks gary