Strange double-click text behavior...

lamensterms

Hey guys,

One of my co-workers has been experiencing a few weird ACAD bugs the last 2 days.

One if which is his double-click behavior when trying to edit text. If he doube-clicks text (not mtext) it doesn't open the text edit box, rather it initiates the DDEDIT command. He then has to click a third time in order to open the text edit box.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to why this might be happening, and a possible way to fix it.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Hi Mircea,

Thanks for the reply, I tried toggling the TEXTED system variable an it did not solve the issue.

The solution I found was to simply reset AutoCAD to its default settings. After this I restored/migrated all the menus and settings from my machine to my co-worker's and now everything is working OK (for the time being).

Thanks again for taking the time to help out, it is greatly appreciated.

I assumed that Mircea had gotten your friend back on the tracks,

and understanding that you have already worked around the issue,

looking at the SYSVDLG window, might you want to try setting it to 0 instead?

If you now, with it working as you like, call the TEXTED command, what does it say your current setting is?

Are you and your coworker using the Ribbon interface?

DTEXT editing options.jpg

Hi Dadgad,

Thanks for the reply.

I did experiment with the 3 different TEXTED options before resetting ACAD...

- Options 0 and 2 behaved itendically - double click would initiate the DDEDIT command, then we still had to click a third time to select the text and edit it - the in-place text editor was then initiated. The DDEDIT command would loop/repeat regardless of the TEXTED variable being set to 0 or 2, which I found strange.

- Option 1 - double click would initiate the DDEDIT command, then we still had to click a third time to select the text and edit it - the text edit dialogue box was then initiated.

We currently have the TEXTED variable set to 1 (bringing up the dialogue box). I prefer this method because it just seems a little bit smoother/quicker to access the dialogue box rather than the in-place editor (maybe just because that is what I am used to).

We are both not using the RIBBON interface.

Thanks again for your reply.

Do you keep an .svf handy for resetting everything to your preferred system variable settings,

or do you just run the default settings.

No changed settings from their default behaviors?

One of the few places where I know you can change clicking behavior in the OPTIONS,

which would seem to have absolutely nothing to do with your problem, but might anyway?

Take a look at the image, probably won't help, but, heh?

This was the reason I asked if you were using the Ribbon, or, like myself, the toolbars.

seeming to have nothing to do with it.JPG

I do try to backup my SYSVARs everynow and then, but I also have a dedicated LISP routine which sets my critical SYSVAR preferences (which can be a bit dicey when sharing my setup with the co-workers - just something we have to be mindful of).

I did attempt to transfer my SYSVAR.svf to my co-worker's PC, but it did not help resolve the bug.

I just tested changing that Ribbon Tab State option, and I could not notice any changes (I think that is due to the fact that I use only toolbars).

Thanks Dadgad.

PS: Great quote in your signature, is that original?

If I lost my .svf I would be a very unhappy camper, as I have lots of changes from the default settings.

Yeah, thanks, to your P.S. question. :beer: