cad tutor needed

JediCADgirl

Can I have one of those too. Give your buddy an Ipad and this website adress to take into class :). And welcome to CADTutor

Yeah, it might be a good idea for you to mention where in the world your buddy lives. :unsure:

And he does realize that he's going into a "Beginners" class, which means everyone in the class will be at the same entry level as him, correct? So why does he need a personal tutor sitting next to him? :?

ok.. you guys misunderstood. upps. i should have been more precise with my posting.

one of my friends ... not the person asking in the poster... he was walking around campus and saw this add. so he took a quick pic of it with his cell and sent it to me. my friend knows that I've been doing cad for a long time, and said when he saw this ... he thaught of me.

I DO NOT KNOW WHO THIS PERSON IN THE ADD IS. The area is San Francisco Bay area. Diablo Valley College to be exact.

It sounded like a pretty desperate "please" there at the end.

First off... it's against the "law"... a student in order to sit in a class has to be enrolled in that class. Schools get money for the teachers by how many students they have in the class. Something like that. Per amount of students ... that how money is given to each school.

So ... someone has to take the initiative here and call this person in dire need of step by step instructions to let them know california law will not allow anyone to sit in class that is not enrolled in the class themselves. It just sounded really funny to me in a way, that this person writing the add didn't quite look into this.

I've seen these adds for cad tutors on Craigs List every now and again. The people are pretty desperate for cad tutoring. I had one guy try and barter with me. He wanted to give me his work projects in return for him to offer his web design services. I was just like ... "NO"... he even started making a "day itinerary" for me. He expected me to pick him up from BART, bring him to my house, give me his work .. and then some bogus exchange for web design. :?

Anyway... hope it was a funny add for you all. :P

Sure, I'll drive right over. What's the name and address for the school?

haha... go right ahead. he's a student. maybe he'll pay you with a stick of gum and frozen popsickle stick. who knows.. maybe a cup of noodles. that should be your dinner.

I could stand next to the person's car with my own sign: Will provide AutoCAD tutoring for ramen noodles.:lol:

Once in a while we get Penn-Foster (an online "college") students coming here asking for copies of finished drawings just so they can hand them in and get their AutoCAD "certificate". Not going to happen.

I could stand next to the person's car with my own sign: Will provide AutoCAD tutoring for ramen noodles.:lol:

Once in a while we get Penn-Foster (an online "college") students coming here asking for copies of finished drawings just so they can hand them in and get their AutoCAD "certificate". Not going to happen.

LOL . Thant's a good one. Yea, when I hear peeps ask me... "hey can I give you this project from work, and you can do it for 'real quick'. ...I'm the same. Not going to happen.

I've spent weeks on projects, an accumulation of engineering, field inspections, and tons of checking and rechecking to finish projects for clients. $$$$$$ so yea... not going to happen.

ok.. you guys misunderstood. upps. i should have been more precise with my posting.

one of my friends ... not the person asking in the poster... he was walking around campus and saw this add. so he took a quick pic of it with his cell and sent it to me. my friend knows that I've been doing cad for a long time, and said when he saw this ... he thaught of me.

I DO NOT KNOW WHO THIS PERSON IN THE ADD IS.

Ok, I didn't get that from your post. And with it being your first post in the forum, I thought your friend was seriously looking for someone to sit next to him in class. As ReMark said, we get students in here all the time looking for someone to do their work for them, so I thought this was just another one of those requests.

Now that I've re-read the add, it is pretty funny. Who brings a personal tutor to class with them. Especially a beginners class. :lol:

Ok, I didn't get that from your post. And with it being your first post in the forum, I thought your friend was seriously looking for someone to sit next to him in class. As ReMark said, we get students in here all the time looking for someone to do their work for them, so I thought this was just another one of those requests.

Now that I've re-read the add, it is pretty funny. Who brings a personal tutor to class with them. Especially a beginners class. :lol:

I think it would be considered cheating. Don't think the teacher would even consider it. :nono:

I've gone through the whole beginners courses, pretty self explanatory. CAD teachers are cool anyway, and they sit there and figure out with you any issue you're having. The step-by-step booklets I received are written for someone with a 5th grade reading level.

I can only think of one possible explanation and that is if the person who needed the tutor was considered special needs. I have heard of it happening but have not personally met anyone who fit that category taking a CAD class.

I can only think of one possible explanation and that is if the person who needed the tutor was considered special needs. I have heard of it happening but have not personally met anyone who fit that category taking a CAD class.

Hmm... Yea, I could see that working. I've only ran across that one time where there was a special needs student that had a person by their side taking notes for them and doing everything for them, but it wasn't in any of my CAD classes.

Sooo, I decided to call up this student, seems my work from home gig is not so fruitful! I've not heard back. I'll keep you all posted.

Most likely it's Architectural... I took that same course and he has to build this simple house for his mid term or final.

• 3 months later...

Student never called back. I left a message letting him know that I can tutor at home, and never heard anything back. Guess they don't need help after all.