Best program to apply materials and render

Casusa

Hi.

Wich is the best program to apply materials and render a 3D project made in Autocad?

Many thanks.

Why not just use AutoCAD? Check out some renders in the Showcase that only used AutoCAD. There are some good quality renders in there.

There are many programs you could purchase for rendering your Autocad models. Do you have a budget for new software? If not, just do as tzframpton suggested and use Autocad.

Why not just use AutoCAD? Check out some renders in the Showcase that only used AutoCAD. There are some good quality renders in there.

Hi.

I'm just checking to take the best option.

Materials too?

Showcase? Sorry where is that?

Many thanks.

There are many programs you could purchase for rendering your Autocad models. Do you have a budget for new software? If not, just do as tzframpton suggested and use Autocad.

Yes, no problem with budget, just want to know the best.

Thanks.

Hi.

I'm just checking to take the best option.

Materials too?

Showcase? Sorry where is that?

Many thanks.

Showcase Forum is here: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?15-Showcase

And yes, Materials too. AutoCAD can handle all of that. Granted, it's nowhere near as good as some programs that exist, but it would be thousands more when AutoCAD may suffice just fine. In my guitar modeling thread I used AutoCAD to model and render the project and it turned out fine: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?71752-Modeling-my-Fender-Squier-Stratocaster-fun-project-for-me

It shows that AutoCAD is still plenty powerful.

Yes, no problem with budget, just want to know the best.

I can't give you a proper assessment of the "best" program to use because I have not tried everything out there. I do have a lot of experience with rendering in 3D Studio Max, but that's a very expensive option if you're only going to use the program for rendering.

Since you already have Autocad, I would suggest just sticking with that, but here are a few options you might want to take a look at:

Sketchup Pro with the Vray plugin

Accurender

Keyshot

Rhino3D/Brazil bundle