Seeking Ladder with cage lisp

ROBP

Seeking ladder with cage lisp before i go to the extent of making a dynamic block

Thanks in advance for any help you will supply

R

Straight up ladder with the possibility option of adding a second one as a second level with and intermediate cross-over platform keep in mind that the maximum height for each them must be 32 feet. as per OSHA regulations.

Ladder rungs at 12 inches apart starting from the top edge down, top ring set to 42 inches with 20 feet height ladder anything over must be at 60 inches.

Cage rings must be 48 inches max. Lower ring is always 48 inches and others spaced equally.

That is a bit of information .

I can always send you a cad file with the standards for a better understanding and see all the presets dimensions my querry again is it possible to achieve with preset and having the lisp do spacing of the cage rings along with the height of the cage to change according to the height of the edge.

Or i am better of doing it with a dynamic block?

Try this, think about it in 3d draw 1 step as a block, 1 cage ring as block, just work out the vertical spacings, insert at a known pt say left pt of ladder and just do a vertical move, (MOVE L "" 0,0,0 0,0,z) just repeat for the number of steps make sure your osmode is 0. A full 3d spiral stair is a "splat" all done because the stair is made up of individual 3d treads & hand rail just inserted moved and rotated.

If inclined set ucs first to correct plane.

spiral stair.jpg

BIGAL, I think that OP is looking for something like this:

image_08-02.gif

ROBP, it would be also useful to learn if you want a 2D or 3D result.

BIGAL, I think that OP is looking for something like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47899[/ATTACH]

ROBP, it would be also useful to learn if you want a 2D or 3D result.

Yes MSASU the one i am looking for is in 2d and the one on the right hand side in the picture

R

Theres a bit in it but its achievable its a case of set the rules ht from ground to 1st floor divide by a rung height etc works out spacing then draw rungs, hand rails extend an amount above 1st floor draw from ground, the cage again a set of rules.

i

The real question you say 2d but is that plan & 2 elevations ? That is 3 different lisps. Me personally I would still do it in 3d but as parts joined together = plan, 2 elev's & a 3D

It may be something that will happen very quick if your prepared to pay.

If you make a start I like others will help but I am not prepared to start from scratch and write it all, Cadtutor is about a group helping each other, not a commercial freebie development factory.

Thanks for your reply bigal.

I was not expecting much anyway and i did invest many hours drawing the standards.

My request was for for something that existed in one the users library like i have mentioned i can always opt for a dynamic block that i can do myself investing a few more hours and get a turnkey project and will end up sharing free of charge.

Being a recent user that do share with no strings attached i see that we have a different opinion about cadtutor and sharing things.

After reading over and over your response i will always be questioning myself is it worth the trouble to go the extra mile and share like others do.

Please save yourself time and do not reply to any of my postings.

Merci

Edited by ROBP

Before you people start going at each other with your feathers all ruffled, I have to say that this this forum is not a one stop shop for finished lisp programs. There are some really intellegent people here who can help you solve a problem if you are stuck in a bind.

@ROBP What is your lisp programming level? I read no where in this post that you would like to write a lisp. You state all the information (requirements) that the program should have. BIGAL listed a couple of ways he would go about doing it. I have to agree with him that making programs like this in a quick turn around should be honored in some way. If you need something like this more often, maybe your company should invest in a program like FactoryCAD .