Doing slope analysis

Hello everyone

I have an autocad file of site plan having contours. It is all in 2D form. A flat drawing with all the contours and labelled with their levels. it is in x-y plane only. There is no z axis location of object in that drawing (all z axis position is 0). So is there a quick way to make the model of that drawing or will I have to place one by one each polyline to the desired level?

I want to do a slope analysis

Shade areas with slope of

5-10% very light brown

10-15% medium brown

15-20% original brown

above 20% dark brown

How can I do it?

Can anyone give a full workaround of how to deal with such things?

I am using Autocad 2012 version. Its just plain autocad - no architecture, civil, electrical, etc.

Thanks

So is there a quick way to make the model of that drawing or will I have to place one by one each polyline to the desired level?

You'll have to place each one at the correct elevation manfully. Some civil programs can do it automatically be reading the contour label and then moving the polylien representing that contour to the correct elevation.

I want to do a slope analysis

Shade areas with slope of

5-10% very light brown

10-15% medium brown

15-20% original brown

above 20% dark brown

How can I do it?

I am using Autocad 2012 version. Its just plain autocad - no architecture, civil, electrical, etc.

You'll have to manually do it with a pen, piece of paper and a calculator. Then manually draft it up etc.

I would instead do some slope arrows instead. Shading areas of slope is going to take a lot longer to work out then a few spot arrows.

hmmm...that's a long job. Can you tell me which software gives me the feature to do this contour line placement at levels?

Can you tell me which software gives me the feature to do this contour line placement at levels?

If the contours are just lines plines etc at Z of 0 then two scenarios if they are in a layer which is named as the height then your on a winner "10.25" etc. Can take the objects and make z=layer name easy lisp.

If the contours are on one layer say contours and z=0 and lables read "Text" are "10.25" then give up now, massive job to pick all contours and make it at z value. In saying that if you have 20 then can be done manually, if you have 500 hope you have lots of time.

Best answer go back to who made the contours and see if you can get 3D or CIV3d etc