generating isometrics with Revit MEP

fdubois

Our office which is involved in industrial piping projects, mainly in pulp and paper, has recently ( 2 years), began using 3d technology. We are currently using Autoplant by Bentley. However, due to a few reasons: our structural dept uses Revit, Revit seems on the surface at least to be more user friendly and produces more attractive models... we are considering switching to Revit MEP. However, I am hesitant for one reason. Autoplant has a powerful function ( isogen) which easily and quickly produces dimensioned NTS isometric drawings complete with mat'l list. This is a very important feature for us. Does Revit MEP have a similar function?

Does Revit MEP have a similar function?
Not at all. Revit MEP is not as "specialized" as AutoPLANT. Revit is a platform that tries to get away from traditional drafting ways. You could most certainly create an isometric view, but it will not be as you traditionally are used to. To some that's a bad thing.

I'm afraid that Revit MEP might not be as far along as it needs to be for your team. It's only gotten to a state of being par with the fundamental basics in recent years. Make no mistake, I love the Revit platform and it makes my job so much easier, but I'm not in a very specialized area of industrial piping projects so it makes sense for me to use it.

Hope this helps.

Jamie Benn is a hoss. We love him here, and since Modano is gone now it's nice to have a face of the franchise come so quickly after his departure. Benn looked great in the Olympics for team Canada, too.

No love for Seguin, eh? :lol:

Seguin is good too eh ;). I just like the type of player Benn is, reminds me of Mark Messier. And yeah, he was great for team Canada!