Text does not print in paper space viewport

jrharv

Layer properties were copied to a printable layer, all layers on/thawed in model and paper space.

Audit fixed nothing, claims no errors.

Regenall still fails to show text in paper space.

Restart of Autocad did nothing.

Restart of PC did nothing.

acad 2012 version.

We will need to know more about the drawing. Is the text in paperspace or modelspace? Is the text annotative? Can you see the text in the paperspace layout? Does the text show in the plot preview?

Can you post the dwg file where this behavior shows?

running white background with with black text is gess

check your pst because white cannot print on white unless you use monochrome and pst text layer is set to print black

or text was on viewport layer and layer was preset not to print

just a clue

or text was on viewport layer and layer was preset not to print

just a clue

That might be it. Everyone forgets when they learned to no plot the viewport layer, or have it in the template, and occasionally we all forget to change the paperspace layer after setting up the viewport.

On my laptop, I can't see the right side of the layer manager without scrolling to the right, so when I go check the switches I say "Nope, all on and thawed, good to go."

That's why I make the viewport a color that I never use anywhere else. Then my dimensions or notes tell me right away what I have done wrong. Why are these orange? Oh, yeah.

Sorry for delay. It was annotative, as it was begun by another draftsman, I expected it to be on Standard text style. Annotative is a serious pain.

I retyped all the text in a style that was not annotative. Typing has never been an Autocad strong suit. This mess doesn't happen when I have complete control of the drawing.

Ooops, third option that I would not even consider. You should have posted before typing. Could have saved you some work.