Creating Adaptive .ipt???

stuartlowes

Is it possible to create an adaptive .ipt?

I have been tasked with coming up with a way to show the properties of a length of sprung steel which I am hoping to show bending as two assemblies move around a center (one part being stationary and the other moving 45 degrees either side of the center) the sprung steel sheet should bend in correspondence with the rotation. (ie from straight sheet to bent sheet and back to its original form as the driven constraints turn the rotation)

I have seen a tutorial on creating an adaptive spring, and I was hoping there is a way of doing what I described above.

UPDATE

I Believe this to be possible having discovered an adaptive flange I will keep people posted as to the usefulness to what I have found, currently cannot make this drive however im wondering if in the one I have downloaded there are factors which are not allowing my desired effect

Edited by stuartlowes

Thanks JD,

Thanks for your response, where is the samples folder? I'm probably just missing something but I Cannot for love nor money find it...

Thanks JD

This appears to prove my theory that the actual process is in fact doable, whether or not I have the capability of making it work for my own needs is another matter ie making a part that bends 45degrees in both direction of a pivot point (ie a 90 degree bend in total from a straight piece.) If anyone knows of any tutorials where I could see the process that would be a massive help thankyou. I am assuming I shall have to in some manner adapt the bend radius to ensure the gaps etc are kept as uniform as possible as your example only appears to adapt the angle between the two straight edges and not the radius of the bend however I am confident that using your example I shall be able to dodgy something together.

You can dimension an arc length.

Then dimension the radius as a Parametrically driven dimension. A very large radius approaches a straight line.

In this image there is only 1 arc. But as I drag the center point up, the arc flattens out and if I continued to drag up it would approach a line curve.

Arc 2 Line.png

The length of the arc remains constant.

Thanks JD would your suggestions allow me to create the below mock up (mock up is very rough 5 minute job please dont be over critical)

mock up.png

ha thanks JD but no not as yet, had to put the issue to the side for a day or two. yes they are simply three pictures, an attempt to show you the range of motion I am trying to achieve, IF I do achieve I will put the assembly on here for you to critique/compliment as appropriate.