building two isometric buildings help needed

hasanmakki

Hello, i'm new to this site and i'm a self learned autocad user, i'm drawing two buildings in isometric view but the angle between the buildings is smaller than the isometric angles, and i can't seem to rotate it or draw the second building according to the real angle, what can u do any advices?

First off, I would recommend doing this in 3D instead of isometric, but if you must...

Orient the 2 floor plans in the relationship as they will be built.

From the View command, Preset Views, pick one of the 4 isometric views that orients your 2D plan the way you would like it to be. Then you can project your vertical lines off of the isometric plan. Isometric views are what they are. The angles are going to look weird and exaggerated.

Once you get your plan ALMOST oriented the way you would like, you can orient your UCS pretty much at any angle to present whatever viewpoint you like. Be warned, this is not the same as orbiting a 3D model. Changing an isometric view off the standard 30/60 deg UCS will have some strange effects, and I do not recommend doing it.

What I do before I do any of the above, is to copy the plan off to the side somewhere, then using that copy, erase everything but the exterior walls. Now in the iso view, I use these walls to project my vertical elevation lines.

To get the iso elevation to look right, you will have to do a lot of trimming.

You can set a viewport to the same isometic view to plot your iso drawing, then lock your viewport.

To return to the "normal" view, use the UCS command, World.

Edited by Dana W

Thank you alot

I will try repeatingvit in 3D but the problem is i never used 3D so it might be a little bit of a problem to start with

I will try repeatingvit in 3D but the problem is i never used 3D so it might be a little bit of a problem to start with
3D is the way to go. Designing in 3D is pretty straight forward in AutoCAD. Never shy away from a challenge... and we're here to help you through it, so get after it already!

:)

Thank you alot

Just remember, F1 is your friend, even if at times it is a little vague.