Plot dialoge slow to open

jiggly_jelloo

For the last week when I try to plot a drawing it is taking between 3-5 mins for the plot dialogue box to open when in Model Space. When in Paper space it will open right away when in the same drawing.

Any ideas what may be causing this/how to fix it?

Thank you,

Colleen

No takers on this one? That's unfortunate.

So, what's changed in the last week?

This happens with any drawing, even a new one, and not just a single drawing?

I tried with a new drawing and it opens fine. It is only with existing drawings and only in model space. Paper space is fine.

IT has been installiing microsoft dynamics but I am pretty sure it is on a different server than what ACAD is being run on.

Yes, and they have always been, so that has not changed. I have copied a file to my local drive and I have the same issue with slow opening of the plot dialoge.

I have also done a -purge and audit and that has not helped.

With those system specs you should not be experiencing any problems.

I would suspect it is a printer driver issue.

I will ask our IT guy to look into the drivers. I am using the same printers as I was a month ago, before I had this issue, and neither the drivers or ACAD has had any updates, so I am not sure that would be my issue though.

Ty for the suggestions!

Have you tried resetting your Profile?

Is hardware acceleration enabled?

And when did this problem first present itself?

I reset the profile and still have the same issue. I can not look at the hardware acceleration as it is controlled by the administrator. I will see if he has made any changes to my system in the past week.

It has only been for the past week. And it is not happening with all drawings. And on the affected drawings there is no issue with plotting from paperspace, only from modelspace.

Yes, you can check hardware acceleration via the 3Dconfig command.

Why kind of file size are we talking is a typical "affected" drawing?

Can you attach a sample DWG file of one of these drawings to your next post for testing purposes?

The one I am working on today is only 1.1mb, so pretty small. I can't upload here because it tells me the file is too large