Shows in PLOT but not in PUBLISH

Zygan

Hi There,

I have a problem that arises every so often when I do a drawing, when I have my drawing finished I proceed to PUBLISH all of my layout that have Viewports in them to show everything i have done in my model space. The file I use is a template i created and therefore never gets changed. So when i publish there are layers missing from the drawing but when i individually select one layout and PLOT then the correct drawing and all layers are shown. This happens once every 2-3 months with some drawings its very irratating and is time consuming having to PLOT every layout then open ADOBE and join the pages together especially when I have to change the revision or something small like that.

i use the same layers and same viewports in this drawing all the time and this only happens every now and then.

Hopefully someone out there knows the answer as to why this happens.

NB: no layers are frozen or Off or not print etc

Regards,

Zygan

I can only comment on my experience with Publish and that it would do some weird things like not plot a page, do it again plots missing page drops a different one.

I am sure others will say works perfectly. The problem may be something to do with our network. I just use lisps now work every time.

same template, same layers, same page set-ups etc

nothing changes then the next drawing it wont happen

i wonder sometimes if my computer just corrupts a file every now and then but seems weird that its always the same problem every 1-2 months

It really doesn't make any sense that this would be happening and it sounds like it is a random, non-recreatable error. It may not even be an AutoCAD issue. It could be graphics, RAM, computer maintenance, who knows what else...

If it is none of those, my only other thought would be that maybe you are plotting with the file open after an editing session and it needs to refresh those missing layers for whatever reason.

later today when im in the office ill post a dwg that shows my error. as the error stays the whole time with the document. no matter how many things i try change.

thanks for the help thus far

attached the file im talking about there are 6 tabs

1. model - drawing there

2. layout - where im supposed to see my drawing

3. power - power chasiss etc

4. control - control circuits

5. control - control circuits

6. ref - another ViewPort that actually sees my drawings

please please do not comment on the drawing as i know there are better programs for this type of work and yes im probably doing a thousand things wrong but it works and its quick and easy and its the not the problem.

Thanks in advance.

TEST DWG.dwg

I don't see any issue when plotting to a multi-page PDF. If you could be more specific about where the problem is, I'll take another look.

I also didn't notice anything missing between the Layouts and the Published PDF, but I guess that doesn't mean anything since you said the problem was intermittent.

As said in previous.

I can't upload the file as it exceeds the file size. so i deleted all the pages except the first page on the "testdwg.pdf "

but if i select all tabs and right click and press "Publish Selected Layouts"

: - this shows everything except on the first layout tab the boards that i have joined do not show up on the layout tab. - however on the REF tab they do. yet its the same viewport. - "TEST DWG.PDF"

however if i just select the layout tab and right click and press "PLOT"

:- everything shows fine on the layout tab - "TEST DWG Layout(1).pdf"

I hope this makes sense.

i can email the resultant pdf's if requested. or if wanted.

TEST DWG Layout (1).pdf

TEST DWG.pdf

No problems here but I am not using Adobe. The only difference I can see is that when making a multi-page PDF, publisher uses the DWG to PDF driver and your page set-up uses the Adobe driver.

Yeah I'm totally stumped... I'm not sure what is causing this and how to tackle it makes me so frustrated to plot the entire drawing sometimes 12 or so pages and delete the first the plot the first layout page and join the pdf's together. Really really really frustrating. I guess ill just keep on doing as above mentioned till I stumble across the problem accidentally.

But as you mentioned the different PDF drivers are being used I shall do some research into this and get back to this forum if I've found the solution/cause