Where does Autocad define the F1 key?

jnky

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew where Autocad defines F1 as help? I have scoured the cui and registry and nothing jumps out at me.

Reason:

I have F1 defined in my own cui file as a snap but some drawings randomly ignore this and go back to help so I want to see what happens if I fully remove Autocads definition of that particular F key

Thanks

How to disable/reassign the F1 key in AutoCAD...http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/12/how-to-disable-f1-key.html

As far as I know that's the location. If there is an undocumented location where AutoCAD defines the F1 key then someone here will be sure to tell you.

I don't know a great deal about the keyboard shortcuts, but from memory... There are 2 types of shortcuts. There are "temporary override keys" and then "accelerators". I'm not sure exactly which one does what, but you may want to check out the behaviour of those two options. We have our F keys set to snaps also, and I'm pretty sure they are set as "acceleratots".