profile view conflicts with title block in C3D 14

jbrinley

is there a way to force the lower right corner of the profile view to jog around the title block? i need the stations, band, and elevations near this corner to shift up and around the title block. i do not want to move the entire profile view up because i need as much elevation difference as possible. i also do not want to create text manually for every P&P sheet. i created a polygon viewport to go around the title block but the PV does not shift.

i have included a pic of my problem.

PV vs title block conflict.jpg

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

is there a way to force the lower right corner of the profile view to jog around the title block? i need the stations, band, and elevations near this corner to shift up and around the title block. i do not want to move the entire profile view up because i need as much elevation difference as possible. i also do not want to create text manually for every P&P sheet. i created a polygon viewport to go around the title block but the PV does not shift.

Using only one, single Profile View... No.

However, if you were to use your shown Profile View Style to copy two new Profile View Styles from, and modify such that it does not display the Vertical elevations for left and right respectively, you could produce two Profile Views that match up exactly by station, and you'd never know the difference in the resultant PDF/hard copy (if done properly, just a lot more work, IMO).

HTH

thanks. sounds like i should consider adjusting the title block!!

That's what I would do :thumbsup:

I've never been a fan of title blocks that only take up part of a given view (in this instance a profile)... Either all the way across the bottom, or the right side (vertically), IMO.

Cheers

thanks for making my first experience with forums a positive (a very quick) one :D

That is incredibly kind of you to say, jbrinley; I'm happy to help. :beer: