OTRACK Conflicting with OSNAP

I recently have discovered a problem with my Object Snap Tracking overriding my Object Snaps. For example: Say I want to draw a line starting on the endpoint of an existing line. Both OSNAP and OTRACK are on. I hover my mouse close to the endpoint, my cursor aperture captures it and OSNAP displays the endpoint guide. Then, almost immediately, OTRACK takes over and shoots a tiny extension vector from my cursor to the end point. So now when I click to start the line it snaps to the OTRACK vector instead of the actual endpoint of the line. Sometimes it's so small I don't even notice it didn't snap to the point until some drawing imperfection manifests itself later.

I swear it didn't used to do this. I remember in the past OTRACK wouldn't take over until I got the OSNAP tooltip (it took about 2 seconds) then I could move the cursor into space to create the OTRACK vector. If I didn't wait long enough to get the OSNAP tooltip, OTRACK wouldn't give me a vector when I moved off the point. But now OTRACK hijacks my OSNAP so quickly there's not enough time for the OSNAP tooltip to even show up.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it! It was being affected by the SNAP command (F9) When on, it would cause all the problems. When off, the problem stopped.