Zoom to Cogo Point

Ixoye

I am running 2013 Civil 3D and have drawings that include thousands of COGO Points. I need to go to each point and visibly check each one to see where it is and to gather survey description information at that location.

Is there a lisp code that would help me to consecutively zoom to each Cogo Point

and then to the next point.

I am a where of the ZTP (Zoom To Point) command, but that only goes to one point at a time. Do I need to create a list of points first?

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

You can create a LISP if you want, but this behavior is built-in... Toolspace palette, select the Points node (or appropriate Point Group), and in the bottom pane select one or more points, then right-click and select 'Zoom to'

Cheers

gather survey description information

I think this is the more relevant question what are you actually looking for ? You can export the point details. I am not sure why you would go to each point, can you explain a bit more.

Edited by BIGAL

After I receive the Field Data from the Surveyor, I create my surface and then check the points to see if I need to add a block or text, etc. at that location, according to the "Description" on the point. I know it seems tedious but that is what is expected of me. So I had wondered if I could type "ZTP", pick the first point in the list, to see if any action is required and if there was I would stop the routine and fix what is necessary. After the action I needed, I would then start the "ZTP" again at the next point on the list. If there is no need to for fixing, then I could continue with the routine and automatically go to the next point on the list.

If you set up your Civ3d library styles it will add the blocks to a point automatically when you load the points. We have jobs 10,000+ pts all blocks appear. This is not an area I am good at ours has been set up by our surveyors, Msasu Or Murph_map help.

Can you post a few lines of your points file showing various coding.

You should create a point style for each "action" you perform on a point. For example, if you insert a catch basin block at all points with the description "CB", then make a point style that uses your catch basin block as its marker (name it logically, like "catch basin"). Or if you put elevation text at points with description "spot", you would make a label style that has a component that lists the elevation. Once you have the point and label styles created you make corresponding point groups. Using the examples above you would have a "catch basin" point group that sets the point style to "catch basin" and in the group properties go to the "including" tab and select "description matching" and type "CB". Then go to the overrides tab and check the box next to point styles to force the point to use the style listed in the group properties. Same thing for the spot elevations, you make a group that forces each point with a certain description to use the specific label style.