• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mifty12

• ReMark

• eldon

• rkent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eldon you absolute legend. Just applied the custom scale you stated and boom !! It prints out to scale. How to you establish that the layout was in imperial as to the untrained eye i.e. me it appeared to be in metric.

Eldon you absolute legend. Just applied the custom scale you stated and boom !! It prints out to scale. How to you establish that the layout was in imperial as to the untrained eye i.e. me it appeared to be in metric.

If you had simply drawn the viewport to the size I said you would have gotten there without the workaround scale factor.

I am glad that your problem was sorted.

How did you establish that the layout was in imperial as to the untrained eye i.e. me it appeared to be in metric.

That is a very good question, and to be truthful, I am not quite sure what first led me to be suspicious. Normally in a drawing, Layouts are in the same units as the drawing units.

But with your drawing, when I was in Layout1 and went to the Plot dialogue box, the default units for a 1 to 1 plot were inches, and changing the plot units to mm, caused the scale to change to 0.03937 which as anyone knows is the reciprocal of 25.4.

In Layout2, the default was mm for a 1 to 1 plot, and changing the units to inches caused the scale to change to 25.4.

Therefore, I concluded that one layout was in imperial units and one layout was in metric units. I did not think that this could happen in the same drawing, but due to your dexterous fumbling and possibly importing layouts, you have created the impossible :shock: You will go down in history, and will give food to thought to all the gurus who blindly state to check dwgunits, which turns out NOT to be a universal panacea.

It is of course easier to set up the layouts correctly in the first place, but then I would not get the opportunity to have a good fossick to try and find out a solution to the problem.

I'm glad to have found this site and the extremely helpful users. I'm also glad that my fumbling around has resulted in future debate for all those dwgunit die hards. Thanks again for the help, I'm sure I will be requiring more during my trek through the intricacies of Autocad ;0)