Learning Inventor 2015

Vagulus

I just took the plunge and installed Inventor 2015. I am already regretting it, because it appears to be so new that there are no free tutorials I can download - well, none I have found in a couple of days desperate search.

I have Waugespack's Mastering Autodesk Inventor 2014 but the 2015 IDE is sufficiently different to render it useless. I have no experience with Inventor, only limited experience with AutoCAD, so I need something which will start at the VERY beginning.

For a start, I have downloaded Samples but I cannot get AI15 to read them. I just tried to set default preferences and received a dialog informing me:

Unrecognizable file format: C:\Users\....\Inventor 2015\inventor_default_options.xml

The file exists. Here is the text:

I need help to resolve these and other issues. Everything, at this stage, is an issue. A really good Primer would be great. Otherwise some 2015-specific tutorial material.

I hope someone can help. :notworthy:

Thanks

Without any documents open, look at the tab on the right hand end of the ribbon. There should be a button to start the in product tutorials there.

There should be a button to start the in product tutorials there.

Thanks, but I have tried those, Pablo. They go too fast and you can't see what the tutor is doing. Furthermore, they don't deal with setting the package up with the correct addresses so that things work. :(

I am afraid I am old fashioned. What I need is a book. A basic set of downloadable tutorials would be another start. :thumbsup:

There is no significant difference between 2014 and 2015 that would make a 2014 book obsolete for the purpose of learning the 2015 program.

I have Waugespack's Mastering Autodesk Inventor...

My impression is that this book is more of a reference book for intermediate to advanced users.

Try the Banach and Jones book for more beginner tutorial orientation.

Curtis does have some beginner tutorials here

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/p/inventor-tutorials.html

and you might review this

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20Universit​y.pdf

Thanks for that JD. I have your tutorials from the page at the first link. The second link gets 404d.

I had a quick look at your tutorials and I got the idea that it is what I was looking for. It always amazes me that people write textbooks and forget to tell the victim how to turn the package on and set it up. I think they know the package so well that they don't realize that their victims don't know it at all. They should "start at the very beginning" as Hammerstein put it. I saw that you have done that. Thanks again.

Keep in mind that was written for a presentation - so there is a lot of between the lines information missing.

So I have discovered. I'll try reading between the lines.

I'll also explore the links you gave on it.

Thanks

Setting up Inventor

Hope you don't mind

Some questions from pages 2-7 of the SkillsUSA University Document:

Tip 1: How do I get these options up on my ribbon?

Tip 2: Okay

Tip 3: Okay

Tip 4: this one's on the Drawing Tab

Tips 5 & 6: I can't find these options anywhere. Are they important?

Tip 7: In the Construction Block - Enable Construction Environment is checked by default

Tip 8: Okay

Tip 9: Okay

Click on Apply and get dialog "No Content Center Library exists in the selected location." What should I do about that?

One more thing. When I have made these adjustments, how can I save them so they come up each time?

Thanks muchly :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...