Dynamic Block not showing Attribute Definition

Wavada

Hi,

For some reason I seem to be unable to get the attribute 'distance1' displayed in the dynamic block:

I created a simple rectangular dynamic block, for which I would like the length displayed.

I created the block, added the linear parameter, added the stretch action.

The block itself works fine.

The block does not display the 'distance' as set up in the 'Attribute Definition'.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Working in Acad 2011, but tried it also, with same result in Acad2007 and Acad2013.[ATTACH]48029[/ATTACH]

I know this is posible as I do something similar. Two thoughts.

Have you REGEN after adjusting?

and try it without CONSTANT being ticked.

+1

Untick Constant, you could tick preset which will stop the prompt when you insert the block, other than that it should work.

Can you post a drawing file with just the block in it.

EDIT.

If you are making the above alterations, you may need to insert a new block or use the ATTSYNC command as changes might not show up in existing blocks.

The block still had Constant set as yes, it works fine if you change that to no, (and then attsync - or insert a new block), you do need to do a regen after you stretch the block to get the field to update. Unfortunately I cannot upload a file from work (but that is another issue). Maybe Dave could upload an example or I can try this evening. (European time)