Write your name on the status bar of AutoCAD

India

Just seeing the Oops! Command response, I thought I may post this funny thing.

Command: setvar

This is the single command that power AutoCAD. It has many subcommand, infact switches that set or unset many parameters in AutoCAD.

Justfor example

type "clayer" and you get the current layer name as a string output. Very useful for AutoLISP programmers.

So ever thought of attaching your name to the lower left corner of AutoCAD Window? Try this

modemacro "Your Name"

Bingo!

This can be used to display the counter when processing a lot of entities in LISP. What say?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mdbdesign

• ReMark

• alanjt

• India

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a temporary arrangement. If you want it to stay there, edit the Acad.lsp in support directory and add the following lines;

(setvar "modemacro" "yourname")

every time this file loads, it will set it.

Edited by SLW210

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's actually ACAD.LSP, if you don't have one you can create the file with notepad, for customizations and save it in a file that is in your search path.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is code for you.

Replace "YourName" with "Your Desire Name" in code.

Save these codes as *acad.lsp* file in the AutoCAD support file search path directory. Every time you start AutoCAD You will see your name, current dimension scale, current fillet radius, and current text size.

;This program state user name, dimension scale, current text size, current fillet radius and current command in status line.
(defun-q S::STARTUP ()
 (command
   "modemacro"
   "Mr YourName: DSc=$(getvar,dimscale)...TSz=$(getvar,textsize)...FRad=$(getvar,filletrad)...*$(getvar,cmdnames)*"
;    (alert
;      "ATTENTION!\n\nDSc\t= dimension scale\nTSz\t= text size\nFRad\t= fillet radius\n\nTHANK YOU."
;    )
 )
)

Edited by SLW210

• 1 month later...
Here is code for you.

Replace "YourName" with "Your Desire Name" in code.

Save these codes as *acad.lsp* file in the AutoCAD support file search path directory. Every time you start AutoCAD You will see your name, current dimension scale, current fillet radius, and current text size.

;This program state user name, dimension scale, current text size, current fillet radius and current command in status line.
(defun-q S::STARTUP ()
 (command
   "modemacro"
   "Mr YourName: DSc=$(getvar,dimscale)...TSz=$(getvar,textsize)...FRad=$(getvar,filletrad)...*$(getvar,cmdnames)*"
;    (alert
;      "ATTENTION!\n\nDSc\t= dimension scale\nTSz\t= text size\nFRad\t= fillet radius\n\nTHANK YOU."
;    )
 )
)

Thank you for your code..

now my acad status bar have my word ....

:D

Edited by SLW210

• 3 years later...

So I took this one step more and made an ACAD.lsp file (I think that is the right file) on our server, then directed my co-workers autocad to look at it. I left it blank at first so he wasn't noticing it right away after seeing me on his computer. Then at will I can (could he found it) change his text when ever I felt like it. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

As a cad manager what I used was (command "modemacro" (getvar "loginname")) , this lets me see if what account the cad monkey used to log on with. If only certain users were allowed acess to certain files, folders etc. it was helpful.