Import / Export Point Styles ?

rlshound

Hello,

I've created a template drawing and am continuing with our new survey environment creating Point Styles for our field codes. Is it possible to import Point Styles?

Your help would be appreciated,

rlshound

Another simple way if you have another dwg open, is to copy a point from any drawing. Paste it into the new drawing but before you hit enter hit Esc key. The style will now be in the drawing. This works for just about any object with a style applied.

Another simple way if you have another dwg open, is to copy a point from any drawing. Paste it into the new drawing but before you hit enter hit Esc key. The style will now be in the drawing. This works for just about any object with a style applied.

Be mindful that this can also easily cause one to have to recover their drawing. :thumbsup:

If you want an Object available in another drawing, DREF, XREF, use LandXML to export/import, or promote a DREF.

If you only want a particular Style, I strongly suggest the method I note above, as it allows multiple Styles, and Style types to be brought in at once. Otherwise, you can drag a Style from one drawing to another via Propsector.

Good to know guys - I think I will start using the Manage, Styles option as I have indeed had a few

crash. I have never liked using Prospector since it seams to take such a long time to drag and drop the style into the new drawing. Works ok for one style I guess but often I need multiple ones.

Thanks!!:D

Good to know guys - I think I will start using the Manage, Styles option as I have indeed had a few

crash. I have never liked using Prospector since it seams to take such a long time to drag and drop the style into the new drawing. Works ok for one style I guess but often I need multiple ones.

Thanks!!:D

You're welcome, JerryG; we're happy to help. :beer:

Been using the stated method now for the last week and

it works great!

Always nice to learn something new.....

Thanks Guys!