set ucs relative to user pickpoint

samifox

hi

i want to define 0,0,0 coordinate as 0,390,0.

i have elevation view with specific levels values, i want to match it with the ucs so when i acquire a point with "id" i'll get the value i see in the label.

one way to do so is , if my elevation is 390 , i should move my geometry to the ucs 0,390,0 , how to do it other way around? how to set the ucs to 0,390,0 without moving the geometry?

Thanks

S

How do you want the XY to be oriented?

Perhaps,

create line from 0,0,0 to 0,390,0 and the UCS ZA O and click the end of the line.

hi

as you see , i type "ucs" and than i click the 390 point, now the 0,0,0 of the drawing is actually the 390.

i want the xyz to read 0.390.0 when im on that point and not 0,0,0

thanks

S

ucs.jpg

Then shouldn't your coordinate system be origin at world 0,0,0?

I don't understand the problem - attach your *.dwg file here.

I do not do the type of work shown in your drawing, but -

I think what you need to do is set the UCS to World and then Move that geometry to the location 0,390,0

But you have a lot of other stuff in the file (some of it very far away) that really confuses me in what I would consider normal workflow for my type of work.

hi

im a constructor, so i get the dwg from the architect, i really dont want to change anything in his structure because this file is subject to updates.

what steven offers is good, but for some reason i get negative value

$ucs

i click in the point of my elevation label

$ enter enter

$ucs 0.390.0 enter

when i lay on the 390 point, the coordinate system reads 0.-390.0

any idea why?

thanks

Shay

Offset the line that you want to see as x=0, y= 390,z=0 by -390, use that line to create your ucs. When you id the original line it'll show as what you want.

Indeed I was joking, from your drawing it looks like you need to have the ucs set at different points, depending on the section you are using, I would type "UCS" then pick your base point (the 390 reference line, at its X=0 point), press enter to accept the ucs orientation, and then type "UCS" again this time type 0,-390,0 which will move the origin point to your zero point for that elevation, from there you can draw your lines as though starting from 0,0,0.

Indeed I was joking, from your drawing it looks like you need to have the ucs set at different points, depending on the section you are using, I would type "UCS" then pick your base point (the 390 reference line, at its X=0 point), press enter to accept the ucs orientation, and then type "UCS" again this time type 0,-390,0 which will move the origin point to your zero point for that elevation, from there you can draw your lines as though starting from 0,0,0.

please "reply with quote" steven-g so the context of your post can be understood easily

$ucs

i click in the point of my elevation label

$ enter enter

$ucs 0.390.0 enter

OK try

ucs

click in the point of your elevation label

enter enter

ucs 0,-390,0 enter

or

ucs

from (type the word "from", before picking a point)

click in the point of your elevation label

(move the mouse downwards in the negative Y direction then type 390)

enter