Circle: Tangent Tangent Point

Hey guys,

I'm trying to draw a circle passing through a specific point and tangent to a line and a circle.

Here's the initial situation:

Fc0Vw.jpg

Then I do:

KHl6F.jpg

And the result is:

BnLzp.jpg

The intended result would be something like this (done manually and with no precision):

FJn20.jpg

As you can see, AutoCAD is drawing the circle on the wrong side. No matter where I try to click to pick the tangents, the result is always the same.

The tangent system used in AutoCAD is driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

tangent_problem.dwg

2012 here and no matter the order or where I lick to pick the tans, the circle is always drawn on the right side. I need the left side interferences.

Oops, I may have misunderstood. You want the circle on the upper left quadrant? There is no solution on that side, it can't be done. If you want it on the right hand side of the line then yes it is working on your drawing.

Yep, need it on the upper left corner.

And it actually can be done since I can get pretty close to it using C > TTR. So the circle exists.

If AutoCAD can't do it, is there any manual way to do that?

P.S.:

Scaled the whole deal by 1000x and it works now.

Not sure why. But it does.

It has, indeed. I saw your replies on other threads with similar subjects but I couldn't find any good tutorial on how to use constrains. I was interested though.

Could you point me some material for a beginner on the subject?