Text not appearing on drawings when printed

Frannym

Hi,

When I plot to print and create a pdf the text does not appear on that version. However when I print screen it does. I am doing a desk reshuffle and when want to put some instructions on the drawing for the moving team.

Many thanks

Franny

Could be that either the text is on a layer called Defpoints or the layer the text has printing turned off.

To enable printing on a layer, open the layer manager. (type 'layer' at the command prompt)

Scroll down to the layer the text is on.

Scroll the window until you can see a little printer icon.

If the printer icon for the layer has a red circle with a red line through it, click on the icon then the red circle disappears.

Hopefully this will fix your problem. If it doesn't as was suggested above, upload the file.

Does the text show in plot preview?

If the layer settings are not the problem, you need to check the properties of your DWG to PDF plotter if that is the one you are using. Make sure the font you are using is selected.

Pdf Prop.jpg

Pdf Prop 2.jpg

Pdf Prop 3.jpg

Are your text objects annotative? Is the correct scale in the viewport/model space? Try toggling annoallvisible system variable.

If you do change the "Custom properties" as SLW210 has suggested, i would suggest to change the setting to "Capture all" fonts so that you don't have to select them from a list and then while you are in there, also turn off the "Include Layer information" as well.

all fonts and no layers.jpg