Explode Command Changed

This has been an issue with me for a while. You used to be able to select an object then type 'x' to explode the selected object. Now, in later versions of AutoCAD, having an object selected then typing 'x' deselects the current object and asks you to select the object you want. (even though it was just selected).

This isn't an issue if you type out the full command 'explode' and I have tried changing both the pgp file and written a lisp routine to try and get this to work the way it used to.

What else can I try to get back my old explode command by just typing 'x'?

Very frustrating and a stupid change.

Hi MSasu,

Yes, I just checked that and it was set to 1. I even tried to set it to 0 just to try it out but that didn't help either.

Very frustrating.

Does it work if you switch to a different profile?

I also think it should you should see something in the Command line indicating why X + Enter didn't explode the selected object.

I tried switching profiles but it didn't help. When I select a polyline and press x then enter, it first says:

Command: X explode nil

Select object:

you are right, I found the piece of code where it was written, deleted it, restarted AutoCAD and now is working again, thanks, such an easy solution.

Before making a keyboard defun I type it say XX to make sure it does not exist, it would have saved the problem here, most of the single key alphabet has been used by Autocad for a long time as a inbuilt short cut. Check ACAD.PGP to see full list.