Drawing Properties

JohnS

When you right click the project in the project manager and select "Descriptions" you get the fields that you can fill in for your title block.

I know how to change the titles of each field using the _wdtitle.wdl file.

My question is; can the "Descriptions" be used to change/populate the 3 descriptions in drawing properties?

(The electrical drawing properties in the ribbon, not the one in the "File" drop down)

In my title block the Drawing Porperties descriptions are linked:

Description 1 = TITLE1

Description 2 = TITLE2

Description 3 = TITLE3

I don't know how they are linked but it works.

I tried linking in "Descriptions":

LINE100 = TITLE1

LINE101 = TITLE2

LINE102 = TITLE3

This didn't work, it didn't populate the TITLEs or the Properties.

Yes I am using the right one, since my titles are in the "descriptions" popup. I don't know how the Drawing Properties links to atributes in my title block. The question is; can the "descriptions" populate the "drawing properties? Right now my title block info has to be put into two places, the first is "descriptions" the second is "drawing properties. After a project copy the "Descriptions" is updated by title block update, the "drawing properties has to be added one sheet at a time, which can be tedious. If everything can be input in the "descriptions" it will speed up my process.

• 3 weeks later...
LINE100 = TITLE1

LINE101 = TITLE2

LINE102 = TITLE3

This didn't work, it didn't populate the TITLEs or the Properties.

Is that exactly how you did it?

If so, try removing the spaces.

It should say:

LINE100=TITLE1

LINE101=TITLE2

LINE102=TITLE3

Also, you should consider using the Drawing Properties to change those three items, as usually every one is different. If you change it in the Descriptions, every drawing in the project will have the same values for that attribute.