LOFT help!!!

JPlanera

See attached picture and file. I am trying to loft a surface. The arrows indicate the rail I am trying to use. I keep getting "rail not smooth" errors but I cant for the life of me find the cause! Could someone please take a look and see if I am missing something?

I am actually having trouble attaching the file.. I get failed to upload errors..

loft help.jpg

Find the red End of Part marker at the bottom of the feature history tree.

Drag the red EOP marker to the top of the browser hiding all features.

Save the file with the EOP in this rolled up state.

In Windows Explorer right click on the filename and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Reply to this thread and use the Go Advanced in lower right corner to attach the resulting *. zip file here ( I am only able to attach using Chrome, not IE).

I see a lot of unconstrained sketches in your browser - never a good sign.

JD,

Yes, that is how I attempted to upload the file. I use chrome as well. I will try again in the reply..

Still not letting me..

My sketches are all good. Some center lines have infinite length which is why they show up like that in the feature tree. Other than that, all geometry is good.

If your rail is made up of multiple pieces of geometry, arcs, lines. splines... make sure all the ends are tangent with one another. In sketch you can select the geometry and right mouse button "Display Curvature" that may show where it is not smooth.