AutoCAD Freezes Up Then Hatch Gets Confused

MikeMc52

A couple of days ago I was plotting several pages from the Model screen and got ahead of myself and AutoCAD 13 froze up. I had to shut it down (well actually it shut itself down). After I opened it up, it asked about recovery which I declined since I was only printing and did not make any changes from my last save. Now when I zoom around on the drawing (The drawing is a P&ID and I have hatched arrow fills and hatched "valve closed" fills both of which are blocks.) on some of the arrow hatch blocks 1/2 of the arrow hatch will disappear and on some of the valve closed hatch blocks 1/4 of the valve closed hatch will disappear.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem?

Michael

Can you attach a copy of the drawing to your next post? It doesn't have to be the full drawing; just enough so we can see the problem for ourselves. Thanks.

After I opened it up, it asked about recovery which I declined since I was only printing and did not make any changes from my last save.

You should have said yes to run the Recovery. The drawing database may contain errors now due to the crash and Recovery would have attempted to fix those errors. My recommendation would be to run the AUDIT command and see if that fixes the drawing. If the problem persists, do as ReMark suggested and post the drawing here.

Thank you gentelmen. The AUDIT command seems to have corrected the problem. If it reoccurs I will post the drawing so you can see what happens.

Michael