Need advice for buying Autodesk product (Autocad and Inventor)

Sengna

Hi! i am currently using autocad 2010 full and 2010 inventor at work? it has been very frustrating for me due to something missing when both softwares first being installed.

(my autocad was missing express tool and inventor was missing content center library). It is reqired the original software disc and i don't have it. I was wondering what is the name of autodesk product (2014) that i can recommed my IT to buy which included 2014 autocad full and 2014 inventor in one license? I have used 2014 inventor once and it got every feature that i need. Please advice thanks.

Edited by Sengna

...it has been very frustrating for me due to something missing when both softwares...

Are you saying that in 5 yrs your IT has not solved the problem of why they didn't install these features?

I recommend that you contact the Autodesk Value Added Reseller (VAR) for your area and have them do the installation this time.

Are you saying that in 5 yrs your IT has not solved the problem of why they didn't install these features?

I recommend that you contact the Autodesk Value Added Reseller (VAR) for your area and have them do the installation this time.

I don't know how long this feature has been missing but i know since i stepped into this job and i tried to use the feature and i don't have that option. I have talked to my local certified Autodesk seller but they can't help me because we didn't buy from them, we bought from autodesk. i was wondering if i can up grade to where i can have 2014 autocad full and 2014 inventor in one license.

This isn't a license issue, it's an installation issue. If you've got the install discs you can add the missing components yourself.

The direct answer to your question is 'product design suite' but I don't think that this is the answer to your problem!

This isn't a license issue, it's an installation issue. If you've got the install discs you can add the missing components yourself.

The direct answer to your question is 'product design suite' but I don't think that this is the answer to your problem!

We are going to upgrade to 2014 Version and that will solved those issues and plus more features, i just need to know exactly what i need to write a request to IT, need name of the suite.

Edited by Sengna

We are going to upgrade the 2014 and that will solved those issues, i just need to know exactly what i need to write a request to IT, new name of the suite.

Autodesk offers multiple versions of AutoCAD, multiple versions of Inventor, and multiple Suites (each with multiple versions). Product Design Suite is the least expensive starting at ~$5,800 but also might not include the version of AutoCAD (or Inventor) that you need. Building Design Suite and Factory Design Suite are sort of in the middle with Plant Design Suite Ultimate being the most expensive at ~$13,700 USD

Talk to your Reseller and tell them what your needs are and let them recommend which Suite you company should purchase.

I was looking at Product design suite Standard, It does have what i need: inventor, Autocad and Vault basic, but it doesn't specify if Autocad is full or LT. i have to give them a call on Monday. the premuim and ultimate package might be very expensive. Thanks Nestly

product design suite.jpg

If it doesn't say "LT" then it's full AutoCAD. Additionally, if it included any of the vertical AutoCAD products (such as AutoCAD Mechanical) those are built on top of "full" AutoCAD which means full AutoCAD has to be included.

Just so you know, many of the 2015 Autodesk products are out, and once a newer version is out, you'll have a difficult time getting an Authorized Autodesk reseller to sell you last year's version. (unless of course you buy a Subscription, which entitles you to use the current version, a free upgrade to next year's version, and the 3 previous release versions) As far as I can tell, there is no longer a "Standard" Product Design Suite for 2015, only Premium and Ultimate. The price point between 2014 "Standard" and 2015 "Premium" is probably not that much different though.

Just so you know, many of the 2015 Autodesk products are out, and once a newer version is out, you'll have a difficult time getting an Authorized Autodesk reseller to sell you last year's version. (unless of course you buy a Subscription, which entitles you to use the current version, plus the 3 previous releases) As far as I can tell, there is no longer a "Standard" Product Design Suite for 2015, only Premium and Ultimate. The price point between 2014 "Standard" and 2015 "Premium" is probably not that much different though.

It's good to know that, i thought the newer release is always cost much more than the older verison just like a Window Software. I think i will call directly to Autodesk on Monday to find out the price different, newer version always better, i am now 5 years behind on Autocad version.

I think i will call directly to Autodesk on Monday to find out the price different...

You can try, but Autodesk tries pretty hard to push customers to buy through Resellers... preferably a regional Reseller, otherwise an online Authorized Reseller.

... newer version always better ...

Ummm.. I can't say I necessarily agree with that. ;)

Ummm.. I can't say I necessarily agree with that. ;)

I take that back, in some cases/features but not always. you are right. in autocad 2010 i could't match properties multileader text, it won't work on my but It will work if i have a newer version. Inventor 2010 doesn't have slot command but 2014 does.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all my friends, quick update, i have upgraded to Autodesk design suite 2014. Inventor 2014 is fantastic so far, I am still get more familiarize with Autocad 2014

Thank you all my friends, quick update, i have upgraded to Autodesk design suite 2014. Inventor 2014 is fantastic so far, I am still get more familiarize with Autocad 2014

Glad you are enjoying your new software, just make REAL SURE that you have EXPRESS TOOLS installed! :beer:

Did your IT do the installation? I am inclined to agree with JD's assessment of their capabilities, or deficiencies,

which is why I suggest you check to ensure that they DID install them.

Glad you are enjoying your new software, just make REAL SURE that you have EXPRESS TOOLS installed! :beer:

Did your IT do the installation? I am inclined to agree with JD's assessment of their capabilities, or deficiencies,

which is why I suggest you check to ensure that they DID install them.

My IT installed them for me, hopefully it is not missing this time, what's a pain! but i am so happy with 2014 design suite product, big improvment.

First signs of a troubled installation - go to Environments>Studio. Do you have Inventor Studio?

Go to Manage>fxParameters and try to link (or embed) and Excel spreadsheet. Does it work? (well first you have to know how to set up parameters in a spreadsheet - covered in the Help>Learning Tools>Tutorials....