Plan NOT showing up in view port??

carolo

Hellllo,

First post, yay! 8)

I am hoping someone can help me with my annoying problem.

currently running CAD 2013, I have a plan that is all ready to plot and print. Now when i went to the layout tab my view port was empty, i couldn't see my drawing. i have zoomed out and zoom'd extents as well. and my drawing is still MIA.I have my sheet set up to 11x17 and I have the "what to plot" set to layout. (I had it as extents before)None of my layers are frozen or turned off, this is the first time this has happened! Please help :)

You may have a wayward object, the result of a failed copy/paste operation way out in outer, outer, outer modelspace. Since new viewports automatically come up zoomed extents when they are drawn, that wayward object may have caused zoom extents to zoom out so far that your drawing objects are nearly microscopic.

Go back to modelspace, zoom extents, then zoom out a little more. Now press Ctrl + a or type Select >> Enter >> respond all >> Enter.

If a grip shows up way out in a corner, or near an edge of the screen, zoom in on it until you can see it, hit Esc to release your current selection, re-select the little beastie and kill it, erase the foul thing. There could be more than one of these things. Then zoom extents again to double check that you have found all the gremlins.

When you go back to the layout tab, you may have to zoom extents in the viewport again. Don't forget to double click into the viewport, or type mspace. (modelspace) to make the viewport active.

Also make sure you have enough Viewports active.

Type MAXACTVP and change to something like 30 or 50 depening on how many tabs you have with viewports.

The problem is very simple, just as described by Dana.

In modelspace zoom extents, and you will find the door block which has gone walkabout, which is strangely on the furniture layer.

Erase that, then go back to your paperspace viewport and zoom extents and you will be right back in the game.

This is a very common problem, and while alarming at first, just requires following Dana's suggestions.