rendering difficulties

sigaukedenn

has any one had the problem where autocad starts having difficulty rendering a project of a similar size when an old project which is larger it seems to render effortlessly, if so what can i do to fix it...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sigaukedenn

• ReMark

• Cad64

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Use the AUDIT command and answer "yes" to fixing an errors found.

When you purge do you use the command line version that is preceded by a dash and do you first purge Regapps then do a purge > all?

Are there xrefs attached?

xrefs are not attached, its 20mb in size, however just some time in January i did a 21MB and i had no problems none whatsoever but right now i have to delete stuff until i am down to something like 7mb for it to render, what do you think the problem may be...

I haven't a clue. I could speculate but I won't.

WBlock everything out that you need from the drawing. Open a new drawing; insert the objects that you WBlocked out from the original drawing. Save under a different name. Now try rendering. What happens?

It just switched off on its own like it always does,i know it is a bit too much to ask but i would love to hear your speculation...

So your computer froze and then shut down? Was this while you were trying to AUDIT the drawing or when you were trying to WBLOCK everything to a new drawing?

What are your computer specs?

When was the last time you checked for viruses?

It just switched off on its own like it always does,i know it is a bit too much to ask but i would love to hear your speculation...

I would guess you have some bad geometry that somehow slipped your notice and AutoCAD is stuck trying to figure out how to render it thus leading to a lockup/crash.

its a Lenovo z570 core i5 2.5ghz. it only switches off when i ask it to render. i use avira antivirus and its upto date. i read another website that stated that the problem could lie in the hardware so i will have to clean and update my nvidia so that it can be up to date...

So you're using a Lenovo Ideapad Notebook? How much RAM does it have? If you don't have enough RAM, the render will stall and abort.

Also, rendering creates heat and the Notebook could be shutting down in order to keep from overheating.

I agree with the overheating being the culprit. Try to find a program that will monitor your CPU temps.

You running 32-bit OS?

its a 32 bit, i have a add-on that monitors cpu temperatures but i hope the damage that past rendering has done is minimal if not zero, arent there coolers that can be used...

The ability of the system to shut itself down automatically is a fail safe meant to avoid cooking your cpu. Yes, there are aftermarket coolers that might be able to drop the cpu temp a degree or two lower (possibly more?) but they aren't cheap. You would also have to know in advance whether or not your system would be able to accommodate them size/space wise.

It still begs the question why a 3D drawing that is larger in size will process with no problems while one slightly smaller won't. Well?