Exporting to AutoCad LT 2014 - what process do you use?

JerryG

Just wondering what everyone else is doing when they have to Export

to a lower version when using Civil 3d and if there is a better way than what I am currently doing.....

My number one client is using AutoCad LT 2014

While I am using Civil 3d 2014 (soon to be 2015)

Currently I Export - DWG - 2013

He can open them just fine but any text that is Annotative he has to scale, rotate etc

to get it to look right. Such as Contour Line numbers, Point Numbers/text and profile/section text height.

He often changes things so this is really creating a Problem for us both.

It appears that there is no Object Enabler for LT 2014?

Is there possibly a better way to export to LT?

Thanks for any insight!

Edited by JerryG

I use the AECEXPORTTOAUTOCAD Command; just be mindful that the Styles applied to your C3D Objects will be replicated in the resultant 'vanilla' drawing (i.e., Contour intervals, etc.).

HTH

I looked for that for over an hour! I expected it to say LT on the description so passed over it thinking it was just for

Civil 3d:facepalm:

Thank you for posting that!:thumbsup:

BB - I will also try that command - thanks for the insight!

• 2 months later...

Ok so I have been using the AECEXPORTTOAUTOCAD command along with Export-DWG-2013 (also tried 2010)

and I am still getting multiple numbers on the profiles and sections for the Annotation along the bottom and sides.

Also having the same problem with Grade Break Labels.

Paper Space looks just fine but once I go into Model Space I see the Multiple numbers.

This does not happen with Point numbers or normal / mtext in Model space. Just with the Profiles and Sections. My client will not install the Civil 3d Object enabler so I am left trying to find a work around myself. I attached a screen shot of one of the Profiles.

Thank you for any insight!

acad profile two.jpg

Hi Bigal.

Yes I had thought that also and turned the Annotation for the text off then exported to 2013 and 2010.

It had no effect at all.