Layout Scale

Avionics Guy

Hello there, this is my first posted question. Normally I just internet search or use the help menu till I figure out what I need, but I have long tried to figure this one out through various versions of AutoCAD.

Using 2013 currently

OK first off, I mainly use AutoCAD to produce 2D wiring diagrams for aviation. The drawings are normally multi-page, and I usually have a layout for each page. I normally scroll to set the scale and then lock it out. I run into the situation where I would like all the pages set to the same scale. When you scroll you get this specific decimal number in the scale window at the bottom of the screen. How can I set all the other pages to that value? I have tried everything I know about and cannot find anything about this on the net or help files.

Any ideas, or is there a better way to do this?

I would use a scale that is a more standard value but if that won't work then I would round the scale to an easier number, so if the number you are seeing is .6489 then divide 1 by .6489 = 1.460067. Round that to 1.46. Pick the scale list, custom, name it 1.46, paper units 1, model units 1.46. Now you can pick that from the list for each viewport.

Or you can use the zoom command, type 10/146xp, hit enter.

Thanks for that last reply, that worked like a charm! Hmm. never thought to invert the number. Yes that was the viewport scale I was asking about!

Thanks for the help everyone!