AutoCAD Electrical 2014 can't find font text style list.

back in AutoCAD 2004 there was a list of font style DWG file.

I used to keep a print out of the font text styles, but nowwhen I look for the DWG file to print it out, I can’t find in 2014? I hatetrying to match text font style by going through the whole list one by one, whenI can just look at the list I printed out.

Can someone try me where the font style list is?

back in AutoCAD 2004 there was a list of font style DWG file.

I used to keep a print out of the font text styles, but nowwhen I look for the DWG file to print it out, I can’t find in 2014? I hatetrying to match text font style by going through the whole list one by one, whenI can just look at the list I printed out.

Can someone try me where the font style list is?

Do you mean the dwg file that used to come with the install? I believe that was kept in C:\Program Files\AutoDesk\AutoCadversion\Sample? It is named Truetype.dwg. It is attached below but this one is from 2009. AutoDesk may not include that sample font drawing any longer.

Other than that, you seem to be going to a lot of unnecessary trouble. Text styles live in the drawing, not in the program. You can bring them in to a new drawing through the design center, from an old drawing, or from a template that you should have set up with all the text and dimension styles, among many other things in it.

TrueType.dwg

it used to be a DWG file it all the fonts on it, it was a quick cheat sheet to look at what the font style looked like.

So Autodesk doesn't have that anymore? it use to be in the autocad directory. been looking for the list.

it is a pain to edit text and go through each font style to see what you want, when you had the list to look at.

plus dose 2014 have new font styles added? It is fine when Autodesk changes software, but us old timers who been using autocad scents before ver 9.

wish I kept the list I had, didn't think autodesk would remove the font list.

it used to be a DWG file it all the fonts on it, it was a quick cheat sheet to look at what the font style looked like.

So Autodesk doesn't have that anymore? it use to be in the autocad directory. been looking for the list.

it is a pain to edit text and go through each font style to see what you want, when you had the list to look at.

plus dose 2014 have new font styles added? It is fine when Autodesk changes software, but us old timers who been using autocad scents before ver 9.

wish I kept the list I had, didn't think autodesk would remove the font list.

re-read my first post. I attached the drawing.

AutoCad does not include fonts at all. It uses Windows fonts which AutoCad acquires from your C:\ drive at install time.

Besides, that drawing only lists about 70 or so of the hundreds of fonts you can use in AutoCad/Windows.

Thanks, Starting a new job two weeks ago in new electrical department without standards.

I am used to having my own book of stuff that I gathered over the years, but it is buried in my garage under my girlfriend stuff.

trying to create standards, blocks, projects and learn what is new with 2014 electrical I have a full plate. I used to using 2004 cad.

the new AutoCAD has a lot more stuff to it. it like having to quick refresher course. AutoCAD has change a lot and spending time watching youtube tutorials.

Thanks, Starting a new job two weeks ago in new electrical department without standards.

I am used to having my own book of stuff that I gathered over the years, but it is buried in my garage under my girlfriend stuff.

trying to create standards, blocks, projects and learn what is new with 2014 electrical I have a full plate. I used to using 2004 cad.

the new AutoCAD has a lot more stuff to it. it like having to quick refresher course. AutoCAD has change a lot and spending time watching youtube tutorials.

I have every sympathy for your predicament.:shock:

If you go to windows control panel and click on Fonts, you can have your folder view set to Large Icons and at least page through the fonts while being able to see examples of a page full at a time.

The only font folder in AutoCad contains the shx (shape) file fonts.

All the luck in the world with your new position. After you have been there for a little while, ask the manager about drafting standards, and volunteer to handle it.

(Oh yeah right.:lol: That's the job we want.;))

I would worry less about the fonts and more about the features AutoCAD Electrical has that will require you to do some things differently than you are used to. Example: The use of the SCOOT command versus MOVE.

Re: fonts. The same basic SHX fonts that shipped with AutoCAD 2004 and still available in ACADE 2014. On the other hand, TTF fonts, that come with your version of Windows have definitely grown over the years. I would limit myself to a mere three or four fonts at most for a CAD drawing. It's not like you are working in the field of graphics arts.