ACADE 2013 Balloons

JohnS

Does anyone know if a part quantity can be added to the balloons?

If I add an attribute to the balloon how do I link that to the part quantity?

I have been doing this manually with text, it is so the panel shop can see how many of that item number is there, so they don't have to keep referring to the BOM.

example: balloon 29 is for terminals, if there are 28 of them I want a 28 to appear on the lower right of the balloon.

Problem is it gets very difficult to maintain manually after a while, and I don't want mistakes in the balloon text qty to be confusing if it's different from the BOM.

The quantity is in the component on the schematic after you enter the part number and quantity through the component editor. I would like to know if a link can be made to the count field of the componant editor from an attribute that I want to add to the balloon block.

The balloon ptag block is this: wd_ptag_addattr_itemballoon.dwg

If I add a part count attribute, then I need to point the attribute to the component count.

I am using: wd_ptag.dwg as my footprint for my layouts instead of the component blocks.

Can they be combined to show the count on the balloon?

I don't know how one would access the part count in the component editor since you obviously want to use that as the source of your data.