command to select object

pramodmaharana

Welcome to CADTutor :)

There is no such specific command, although by using the FILTER command you can do it as shown in the image.

I am curious about the need to select objects by color, it suggests to me that you are not creating dedicated layers,

with colors defined by layer, which is the generally accepted way to create and organize objects in a drawing.

Are you creating all objects on the zero layer perhaps, and then assigning them colors?

If so, you should explore the use of layers, as they will greatly facilitate everything you do in Autocad.

selection by color using the filter command.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

Why did this just now come up in New Posts, after three prior searches today?

Never mind. I am glad it did. I would not have missed that response for all the tea in China.:rofl:

But anyway, would not qselect be the answer?

Why did this just now come up in New Posts, after three prior searches today?

Never mind. I am glad it did. I would not have missed that response for all the tea in China.:rofl:

But anyway, would not qselect be the answer?

Well ruffle my hair and call me Elvis! :beer:

Right you are Dana, I have never used that, and it is much more on the fly user friendly

than FILTER. If you ever get stumped searching all of the easy ways though, FILTER

will probably be able to get the job done, as it digs very deep, and you can save configured filters for

searches another time.

Edited by Dadgad

Well ruffle my hair and call me Elvis! :beer:

... as it digs very deep, and you can save configured filters for

searches another time.

There are the advantages over qselect.

Filter would come in handy with a predefined search or two to help clean up an outside floor plan I want to put in my drawing without bringing in all the extraneous layers. When doing this over and over with plans from the same architect, qselect gets a little tedious having to set up the same search every time.