How to seperate a dotted and full line of same layer?

tipu_sultane

In one diagram I found that line of same layer can be dotted or full.

I just want to ask how to make that and how to select them separately?

right click in the drawing then choose quick select, choose linetype and choose line value then click ok all lines with value will be selected.

In most cases, it would be better to put "dotted" lines on their own layer rather than applying property over-rides, but as ROBP suggested, QSELECT will work, as will SELECTSIMILAR.

SELECTSIMILAR SEttings.gif

There is, but again, if objects are different enough that they need to be a different color, then they're different enough to deserve their own layer.

There should be different layer, but they don't wanted to do so because doing so Its needs little time for me. Anyway politics.

Thanks.

That's a pretty poor excuse for not putting the lines on a separate layer. It would take maybe all of 15 seconds to do.

There is nothing worse than trying to edit a drawing where the originator decided to override layer settings and assigned different colors and linetypes to objects. Denoting "ByLayer" and sticking to it is always the better CAD drawing practice.